Monday, May 10, 2010

Countdown!

Two days until the surgery. Counting it down!! I realized last week that I've never been under general anesthesia before. I think it will go by quickly (for me, that is!). The doctor said it should last around 5 hours. It's really happening! My dad and sister-in-law Sue arrive tomorrow. My sister, Connie, ordered special camisoles for me that arrived today.

How am I doing? By the grace of God I can honestly say that I'm fine. When I realized I'd never been under general anesthesia before, I felt a little apprehensive. I reminded myself that God will be with me, He's promised to never leave us. On Saturday I was spending time with the Lord and I saw myself on the operating table and there were 2 angels in the room. One was seated to the left of my head, kind of leaning forward watching the surgery. The other one was behind the surgeon. They were huge men. One was dark haired and the other blondish brown. They were in street clothes--no gowns or wings, but I knew they were angels. I saw this in a split second....and I was filled with reassurance and all apprehension left. I was reminded of the verse in Psalm 91 that says "He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" God reminded me that even when I'm not in control/aware/conscious.....He is. I can close my eyes in peace. He is such a faithful God. I love Him so much.

One of my absolute favorite groups is Hillsong. Their Desert Song chorus says:
"All of my life
in every season,
You are my God...
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship"

No comments:

Post a Comment